1. If you're a silent film fan, there aren't many places where you can view these old favorites the way they were intended to be seen - on the big screen. Tonight at the , you can get that chance, when they present "Girl Shy" at 7:30 pm. This silent comedy classic tells the story of Harold Meadows, a shy, stuttering bachelor working in a tailor shop, who is writing a guide book for other bashful young men. Tickets are $13 ($9 for members) and can be purchased at the Cinema 631-423-3456.
2. Stepfamilies are becoming more common in today's world and there are sometimes problems that come along with this family dynamic. presents, "Stepfamilies" from 11 am - 1 pm today to share experiences and a better understanding of this living situation. The cost is $15 ($10 for members). Call for more information, 631-549-0485.
3. Music fills the air tonight when The Long Island Jazz Orchestra, under the direction of Mike Ficco, performs at Barnes & Noble in Huntington Station at 7:30 pm. Bring a friend and enjoy a memorable musical evening together. Call the store for more details, 631-421-9886.
4. There are sure to be some celebrity sightings around Huntington today as The Long Island Music Hall of Fame presents its Third Induction Award Ceremony and Fundraising Gala tonight at from 6:30-11:00 pm. Major stars representing every genre of music will be joined by past inductees and celebrity presenters at the ceremony.
5. Keeping with the musical theme, award-winning saxophonist Shenole Latimer will be appearing with the Gail Strom Band at the Huntington Moose Lodge on Pulaski Rd. in Greenlawn tonight at 7:30 pm. When these three blues musicians get together, you're guaranteed a down-home, foot-stomping good time. For more information call 631-757-2777.