The Huntington School District’s kindergarten registration process for next year is under way. Parents can expect to receive postcards shortly that will explain registration details.
The half-day program is open to all youngsters in the community who will be five years old by Dec.1.
Families with an eligible child should contact the district’s student registration office as soon as possible at (631) 673-4299 to obtain a registration packet.
Once parents have obtained a registration packet, they will be able to select a date for kindergarten student screening and registration.
Registration will be conducted at the district’s four primary school buildings on Tuesday, March 12; Thursday, March 14; Tuesday, April 9 and Thursday, April 13. Make-up sessions are set for Monday, May 20 and Thursday, May 23 at Jack Abrams School.
To register a child, a parent or guardian must show the following items during their registration appointment:
• Proof of district residency (four documents) and an original property deed.
• Property owner affidavit (see registration packet) and three current utility bills in the parent/guardian’s name.
• Child’s original birth certificate.
• Child’s certificate of immunization and physical exam.
• Parent/guardian’s photo identification.
District officials emphasize that kindergarten student assignment to either the morning or afternoon half-day sessions is determined by the child’s transportation zone. Requests for either the morning or afternoon session will not be entertained.