A 40-foot motor boat caught fire at the Huntington Yacht Club Sunday night.
Halesite Fire Department Chief Dan McConnell said Monday no one was injured in the blaze, which was reported by the boat owner about 7:47 p.m.
"The Halesite Fire Department trains for this type of emergency every year," McConnell said. "Last night our members knocked down the fire quickly and prevented it from spreading to other boats. I am grateful for the work of our members, those of the Huntington and Centerport Fire Departments, as well as the harbor master."
About 50 firefighters responded to the fire; mutual aid was provided by Huntington and Centerport.
The boat was towed to a private marina on Huntington Harbor and hauled out of the water.