Here are the top ten ways a candidate can try to beat five time incumbent Frank Petrone:
10. Articulate positions that protect the individual and point out the shameless demagoguery of the supervisor's collective 'public good'. ie. 'jobs' and housing programs are a waste of taxpayer money
9. Follow up on the audit. Specifically address all the findings of the audit and promise to prosecute wrong doers
8. Tear up the Master Plan - nobody is following it anyway.
7. Break the connections the developers and their goon lawyers have with members of the town board. Expose them for what they are - hacks.
6. Make no excuses for wanting to keep Huntington suburban and promise to block every down zone application that comes across your desk
5. Rewrite the Ethics Code so board members can't accept donations from town employees and bar anyone from 'double-dipping.'
4. Think fast and be quick on your feet. If Frank points out his fiscal prowess point to the results of the audit or ask him why we have a $50 million deficit. If he gets on his soapbox about all the wonderful things he did while in office, just mention that it was our money he did it with and we would prefer to spend it ourselves.
3. Speak clearly, forcefully and don't look at your feet. Frank has been doing this a long time and he will monopolize the floor if he sees you staring at it.
2. Appoint a Public Advocate - someone whose full time job will be to protect the interest of the taxpayers
1. Term Limits - turn his greatest strength into a weakness. The longer he panders for votes, the less money the rest of us will have.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something