With the large chains such as Walmart and Target to Thanksgiving Day, will the same thing happen on Christmas Day? Well, most stores will remain closed, but there are a few local establishments that traditionally will be open for at least part of the holiday. If you’re inclined to head out you can grab a cup of coffee, catch a movie, go out to eat, and even run out to the drugstore if the need should arise. Here is a local roundup by category, including phone numbers:
- Dunkin Donuts at 838 New York Ave. across from the Big H Shopping Center will be open from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. 631- 421-2010.
- at 1 Wall Street plans to be open, exact hours TBA. 631-421-3459.
- Chinese restaurant at 269 New York Ave. will be open from 1 p.m. to 10 p.m. 631-673-8188.
- Legal Sea Foods at 160 Walt Whitman Road at the Walt Whitman Mall will be serving lunch and dinner from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. 631-271-9777.
- located at 308 Main St. will be open from 12 p.m. to 11 p.m. 631-385-8011.
- at 365 W. Main St. will be open until 3 p.m. on Christmas Day. 631-351-9680.
- at 46 Gerard St. will be open from 3:30 p.m. until 11 p.m. 631-271-2588.
- movie theatre at 37 Wall St. will be open starting at 10 a.m. on Christmas Day. Showtimes TBA the week prior. 631-425-7682.
- at 423 Park Ave. will be open, movie TBA on Dec. 21. 631-423-7611.
- 300 Long Island at 895 Walt Whitman Road will be open from 10 a.m. until 12 a.m. for bowling. 631-271-1180.