1. Town Hall Meetings This Week: The EDC Board meets Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. The Planning Board meets Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. The Zoning Board meets Thursday at 6 p.m.
2. At The Book Revue This Week: Author David Finch will sign his new book, "The Journal of Best Practices: A Memoir of Marriage, Asperger Syndrome, and One Man's Quest to Be a Better Husband" at 7 p.m. Wednesday. Author R.J. Huneke will sign his book, "The Subliminal Religion" Thursday at 7 p.m. at the .
3. North Shore Civil War Roundtable Meeting: Cheryl Wills, an award-winning television news reporter and anchor, will discuss her new book, "Die Free: A Heroic Family Tale." It tells of her great-great-grandfather, Sandy Wills, an escaped slave who fought for the Union with the U.S. Colored Troops. Monthy meeting begins at 7 p.m. at the . Admission is free.
4. Suffolk County Legislature Organizational Meeting : Newly-elected 18th District Legis. William Spencer takes over for longtime Majority Leader , D-Loyd Harbor Tuesday. The Legislature holds its organization meeting at 1 p.m. in Smithtown. Check back Tuesday for a one-on-one interview with Cooper.
5. Huntington Bay Trustees: The Huntington Bay Village Board for the first meeting of 2012 at Village Hall Thursday night.