Again, in the wake of the recent storms, please be aware of the following items as we move forward:
- There will be adjustments made to the district calendar in terms of vacation days. This will be a topic of discussion at Monday’s Board of Education Meeting. We will make calendar-related decisions shortly and inform you immediately thereafter.
- Elementary report cards will be sent home with students on Wednesday, November 21.
- The Finley and Huntington High School marking periods will now end on Friday, November 16, with report cards scheduled for mailing/posting on Tuesday, November 27.
Other important dates/events:
- The SAT/SAT II exams at Huntington High School have been rescheduled for Saturday, November 17. You must contact the College Board directly for a revised admission ticket.
- The next Blue Devil playoff football game will take place at Sayville on Saturday, November 17 at 1:00 PM. The Section XI admission fee is $6 for attendees over the age of 12.
- The Huntington High School Drama Club performances of Lady Windermere’s Fan will be held on Saturday, November 17 at 7:30 PM and on Sunday, November 18 at 2:00 PM.
- Huntington High School Open Houses for elementary and middle school parents have been rescheduled as follows:
- Saturday, November 17, 2:00-3:30 PM (time change only)
- Wednesday, December 5, 10:00-11:30 AM (date change)
We continue to recognize that the recovery from storm effects may take some time. As always, we are committed to supporting our students and their families. Please do not hesitate to contact your child’s teacher(s) or members of the building or district administration if we may assist in any regard.
– James W. Polansky