Maybe you’re almost there, or perhaps you’ve just gotten started on your journey to a healthier, happier you. Wherever you are on that path, it may be time to enlist a personal trainer to help you reach your goals. Check out these five signs that you’d do better with a personal trainer.
- You don’t even know where to start. Even if you’ve been a dedicated treadmill-er for years, you may not know what the heck to do with the rest of that gym equipment. And more importantly, you may not know which exercises are really best for your body and your goals. A personal trainer can “decode” the equipment and craft a workout plan that works for you.
- You get a little lonely. Working out alone isn’t right for everyone. Some people prefer support, interaction, and someone to laugh with! If you’re more social, a personal trainer will give you that additional interaction you may crave—which may have been your missing motivation to hit the gym in the first place!
- You find reasons to skip the workout. A personal trainer will expect you to show up for your meetings…and will certainly let you know when you miss a workout! Having a personal trainer adds another dimension of accountability to your fitness routine. If you have trouble holding yourself accountable, it’s time to find a personal trainer!
- You’ve hit a plateau. Eventually our bodies catch up to our fitness routines, and we hit a weight loss plateau. Pushing through the plateau is tough, and it generally requires changing you routine. A personal trainer can advise you on how to work through the plateau and provide the support you need to push through it.
- You’re bored with your workout. Even the most dedicated gym members need to shake up their routine sometimes. A personal trainer knows the latest trends in exercise and fitness, and can use this knowledge to breathe new life into your routine. If you always use the machines, maybe a free weight routine will engage you differently. Or if you always weight lift, the trainer can suggest a fun cardio workout.