Owners of 18 blighted Town of Huntington properties have been ordered to correct conditions or be billed cleanup costs.
Notices will be sent this month to owners of blighted properties ordering them to correct conditions within 10 days or enter into a restoration agreement with , according to the town.
According to the town officials, nine of the 18 properties are in Huntington Station, four are in Huntington, two are in Dix Hills, with one each in Greenlawn, Northport and East Northport. All received scores of greater than 100 on the blighted property designation checklist after inspections by Town code enforcement officers.
A March 13 public hearing has been approved to consider authorization to correct the messy conditions and apply cleanup costs to the property taxbills of owners.
The Town Board has proposed a code change authorizing Huntington's receiver of taxes authority to levy the costs of the cleanup to the individual owners. Currently, the town assessor is charged with the job.
A public hearing regarding the change is also scheduled for March 13 at Town Hall.
Owners and blighted property locations include:
- Thomas Emberton, 6 Tracy Dr., Huntington
- 135 West Hills Corporation, 135 West Hills Rd., Huntington Station
- Lauren Sivan, 25 7th Ave. South, Huntington Station
- Russell Van Deinse, 17 Carman Rd., Dix Hills
- Brian E. Levenson, 1068 Westminister Ave., Dix Hills
- Paul Rohrbach, 10 Huntington Rd., Huntington
- Dominic Esposito/Nadine Nash; 536 3rd St., East Northport
- Alan Johnson, 53 Southdown Rd., Huntington
- Young and Sung Ham, 10 Cross Ave., Greenlawn
- Willard/Laura Lanham, 5 Laura, East Northport
- Delvis Arevalo/Elsa Bardales Banegas, 114 Columbia St., Huntington Station
- Broadway NY LLC, 28 Columbia St., Huntington Station
- Rajiv Sharma Enterprises, Inc., 655 West Jericho Turnpike, Huntington Station
- John Frank Development Corp., 39 8th Ave., Huntington Station
- New York Equity note, LLC C/O Hubco Incorporations, 69 East 11th St., Huntington Station
- Louis Jr./Jeanne Avino, 117 East 11th St., Huntington
- Stephen/Renee Danseglio, 24 Mill Ln., Huntington
- Heath Greenidge, 37 Evergreen Ave., Huntington Station