With more troublesome weather on the way, many Huntington residents who lost power eight days ago to Hurricane Sandy are looking for ways to keep warm.
Here are a few places to get out of the cold:
The Village Green senior center will open as an additional warming center Tuesday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Full programming will resume at the Senior Center on Wednesday, as will Adult Day Care.
Also open are:
- Red Cross Shelter, Walt Whitman High School, 301 West Hills Rd Huntington Station
- Warming, food, charging Central Presbyterian Church, 240 Main St., Huntington
- Warming, food, charging, Temple Beth El 660 Park Ave., Huntington
- Warming, food, charging Lights of Salvation Church 1599 New York Ave., Huntington
- Warming, food, charging, Dix Hills Ice Rink 575 Vanderbilt Parkway, Dix Hills
- Warming, food, charging, Huntington YMCA 60 Main St., Huntington
- Warming, food, charging, St. Hugh of Lincoln
The William J. Brosnan School will remain open as a warming center on Tuesday.
And Huntington High School will remain open Tuesday from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. to warm up and recharge electronic devices.