How To: Get an Accessory Apartment Permit

Patch reports on ways to get things done around Huntington.

If you're looking to turn extra space in your house into a legal accessory apartment, you'll have to take several steps and be prepared for an annual inspection of the entire property.

The rules apply to apartments occupied by relatives as well as tenants.

To start the process, contact the Accessory Apartment Bureau, room G9 to pick up a packet, or call the office at 631-351-3008 to have  one mailed to you, You can also download a packet.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »