.
News Alert
Police: Manorville Man Arrested for Two-Decade…

Fire Dept: Woman Brought Barbecue Indoors

Fire department called when smoke began to fill Huntington Station apartment.

Huntington Manor Fire Department responded after a Huntington Station woman brought a small charcoal barbecue inside her apartment Tuesday night.

The woman, a resident of Eagle Rock Apartments on Lenox Road and East 5th Street, was cooking outdoors with the barbecue and then decided to bring it inside her apartment, said a source. Smoke began to fill the apartment although nothing caught fire.

The fire department registered a very high carbon monoxide level upon arrival and aired out the apartment. No one was injured.

Ron February 21, 2013 at 01:46 AM
Not to surprising. In the early 80's had a Boy Scout den leader bring a bbq into the school gym once when it started raining during a picnic.
Christina February 21, 2013 at 01:55 AM
When you choose to make an irresponsible decision like the one listed above, you must remember that you make all volunteer firemen rush to the firehouse and respond to that call.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »