.

House Damaged by Blaze

Huntington Manor department battles blaze linked to embers from fire pit.

A South Huntington house was seriously damaged Saturday in a blaze that apparently started when embers from an outdoor fire pit ignited the vinyl siding.

The Huntington Manor Fire Department said the fire extended up the side of the house into the attic.  The fire appeared to be accidental, but is under investigation by the Town of Huntington fire marshal.

Firefighters from the Huntington Manor Fire Department were dispatched to a house fire  at 2:44 p.m. Saturday.

No injuries reported.  Heavy fire damage was reported to the left side of the home with smoke damage throughout the house.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »