.
News Alert
Cops: Shooting Leaves 1 Dead, 1 Injured in…

Dryer Fire Doused in Huntington

The fire spread to the laundry room, officials said.

Credit: Steve Silverman
Credit: Steve Silverman
Firefighters extinguished a dryer fire at a Huntington residence on Saturday, July 5, officials said.

Halesite Fire Department volunteers were called to extinguish a fire at a home on Chuck Hollow Court. The fire began in a clothes dryer and extended to the laundry room, according to officials.

Nearly 40 firefighters using five trucks had the blaze under control within a half hour. Officials say the fire was contained to the laundry room with smoke damage throughout the home.

The Huntington Fire Department assisted with an additional engine at the scene, with a Centerport Fire Department crew on standby. Units were under the command of Halesite Fire Chief Dan McConnell, and Assistant Chiefs Greg Colonna and Jamie Magerle. Suffolk Fire Rescue Coordinators were also dispatched to the scene.

There were no injuries reported, and the Huntington Fire Marshal is investigating. 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »