The more time we spend on our smart phones, the more battery life we need. Do you find yourself worrying about that dwindling battery percentage or need to charge your phone more than once a day? Or perhaps you didn’t charge your phone overnight and you are running out of the house with a low battery. We’ve become so dependent upon being connected, it’s not a bad idea to have a contingency plan for those unexpected times when we need more juice.
There are ways you can extend smart phone phone battery life, and when you’ve exhausted those options, you can use an on the go charger so you never have to be without power.
First, what can you do to extend your mobile phone’s battery life?
1. Lower the brightness – the brighter your phone display the more battery you’re consuming.
2. Close your running apps – apps running in the background will drain your battery. You can use a search engine or YouTube to find out how to close running apps on your phone.
3. Update your apps when available, since newer versions should be more energy efficient.
4. Shut off your phone when possible, to conserve battery life, or at least turn off Bluetooth and WiFi when they are not in use.
5. If you are not sure why your battery life is short, there are apps you can use which will monitor your battery usage and provide suggestions to improve battery life. I use Carat which works on both IOS and Android, but I know there are others out there.
Still need more juice? Here are 2 options for charging on the go (which also make great gifts). It is always a good idea to read read reviews before you buy!
1. Power cases hold an extra charge so when your battery is low you can flip a switch on the case and charge your battery without looking for a charger. The case and the phone charge together when you recharge the phone by plugging into a wall charger. It could not be easier.
2. When you’ve exhausted your power case or haven’t charged up, a portable charger will save you. When shopping, do your homework. Find out your battery’s capacity and make sure you purchase a charger which will handle it.
May the charge be with you!