1. Small Business Resource Seminar: Huntington Town Councilman Mark Mayoka, the Huntington Small Business Resource and Recovery Center and Long Island Development Corporation will present $how Me The Money at 8:30 p.m. Tuesday at Town Hall. The free seminar will focus on bank loans, micro loans, state targeted loans and alternate finacing for small businesses.
2. Diabetic-Friendly Food Drive: Suffolk County Legis. William Spencer will kick-off what he calls a Healthy Community Initiative with a food drive for diabetics Tuesday at the North Shore LIJ Huntington Hospital. Spencer said his goal is to deliver healthy food and educational material to local food pantries to ensure that healthy choices are available to those individuals living with diabetes and struggling economically.
3. Northshore Civil War Roundtable: Kevin Weddle, deputy dean of academics at the United States Army War College, will discuss his book, "Lincoln's Tragic Admiral: The Life of Samuel Francis DuPont" at the South Huntington Public Library at 7 p.m.
4. COC Awards: Some of Long Island’s will be honored at the Huntington Township Chamber of Commerce 30 Under 30 Young Professional Awards Tuesday evening at the Huntington Crescent Club. Nominees from public, private and not for profit sectors will be honored for dedication to achieving success, impact on Long Island and commitment to business and civic communities.
5. Ryan O'Neal in Town: Catch actor Ryan O'Neal at the Tuesday. The Academy Award-nominated actor will sign his memoir,"Both of Us: My Life with Farrah," at 7 p.m.