1. National Night Out: The Suffolk County Police Department will once again participate in the National Association of Town Watch’s National Night Out with a variety of events on Tuesday. Second Precinct events will run at Manor Field Park, located at E. 5th St. in Huntington Station, from 1-4 p.m. National Night Out is a year-long, community-building campaign designed to heighten crime prevention awareness, generate support and participation in local anti-crime programs, and strengthen neighborhood spirit and police/community partnerships. For more information call (631) 852-6524.
2. Women's Writer's Workshop: The Black, Brown, White Community Group meets at the Huntington Station Enrichment Center from 7:30-9 p.m. Tuesday. The group provides opportunities through guided memoir writing that empower women from all walks of life (regardless of age, race, religion, financial status or sexual orientation, whether incarcerated or free) to turn their intimate stories into works of art crafted so that another can hear.
3. Family Fun at Station Sports: The Huntington Township Chamber of Commerce will host a "Family Fun Night" at (25 Depot Rd., Huntington Station) on Tuesday from 5-8 p.m. Event includes music, BBQ buffet and games. $20 admission includes 15 arcade tokens; one round of mini golf; one round of batting cages; and one round of paint ball targets.
4. Tim & the Space Cadets: The Summer Arts Festival presents Tim & The Space Cadets Tuesday at . Inspired by memories of school days, snow days, pizza parties, and summer vacations the family concert features witty, fun, and heartwarming pop tunes. Admission is free. Showtime 8:30 p.m.
5. Swing Dancing: The Huntington Moose Lodge presents a swing dance night Tuesday. The event begins at 7:30 p.m. with a complimentary introductory dance lesson. Dancing begins at 8 p.m. with a DJ (or live band once per month). No partner is needed and beginners are welcome. Small admission fee.