1. Get a jump start on your New Year's resolution to quit smoking at Ann's Hope, a Nicotine Anonymous meeting that takes place tonight from 7:30-8:30 pm at . If you're trying to quit, this 12-step program of recovery welcomes new members at no cost. The only requirement is a desire to be free of nicotine. Call for more information, 631-385-1410.
2. John Barricelli, a regular on The Martha Stewart Show and host of Everyday Food on PBS, will be sharing champagne and pastries at the tonight at 7 pm as he talks about and signs his new cookbook The SoNo Baking Company Cookbook: The Best Sweet and Savory Recipes for Every Occasion. Barricelli's SoNo Baking Company & Café in Norwalk, Conn., is a popular destination for artisanal breads, specialty cakes and delicate pastries, and his cookbook is filled with recipes ranging from rustic favorites to sophisticated indulgences.
3. It's a holiday dinner today at the . Prime rib is on the menu, with dinner starting at noon.
4. is hosting its holiday party tonight beginning at 7:30 pm.The non-profit, volunteer-based organization provides meditation classes and workshops in an effort to help more people find inner peace and a meaningful life. Bring your friends and family to a festive holiday pot-luck. The evening will include fine dining (please bring your vegetarian specialty), lively conversation, and a performance by the DMC Holiday Singers. For more information, call the center at 631-692-9594.
5. It's Children's Story Time at Barnes and Noble in Huntington Station today at 10:30 am. Start your day with a wonderful new book and nurture a love of reading with your child.