Most businesses are closed on Christmas Day, but a handful of places in and around Huntington will be open.
You can dine, enjoy a movie, go bowling or pick up a last-minute gift for that unexpected guest. You can even do your laundry.
1. movie theatre at 37 Wall St., Huntington will be open starting at 9:30 a.m. on Christmas Day. Call the boxoffice at 631-425-7682 for showtimes.
2. at 423 Park Ave., Huntington will be showing the movie "The Kings Speech," a historical drama set in early 20th Century England. Call the boxoffice at 631-423-7611 for showtimes.
3. of Huntington Village at 308 Main St. #1, 631-385-8011 serves Chinese and Japanese cuisine. It will be open from noon to 11 p.m.
4. restaurant at 269 New York Ave., Huntington will be open for lunch and dinner. 631-672-8188.
5. The Walt Whitman Mall will be closed, but you can still have dinner at Legal Sea Foods, 160 Walt Whitman Road, Huntington Station. The restaurant will be open on Christmas Day from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. 631-271-9777.
6. 300 Long Island at 895 Walt Whitman Road, Melville, will be open Christmas Day from 3 p.m. to 2 a.m. This modern bowling facility offers floor-to-ceiling video screens and casual dining options to add to your bowling experience. 631-271-1180.
7. You can satisfy your need for caffeine at in Huntington Village at 1 Wall Street. They plan to be open on Christmas Day. Call 631-421-3459 for exact hours.
8. Walgreens at 984 New York Ave., Huntington Station (corner of Olive Street) will be open on Christmas Day from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. 631-271-2965. The pharmacy at this location will be closed on Christmas Day.
9. Laundry Palace of Huntington at 1668 New York Avenue (across from the Big H Shopping Center) will be open Christmas Day. 631-385-7448.
10. , 365 W. Main St., Huntington will be open from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Christmas Day. 631-351-9680.
11. , 46 Gerard St., Huntington will be open from 3 p.m. to midnight on Christmas Day. 631-271-2588.