For the third year, the is honoring 30 recipients at its “Celebrate Long Island’s Young Professionals” evening.
The 30 selected are under the age of 30 and are being recognized for having made a notable impact on their business, industry and community. The reception is scheduled for 6:30-9:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 8, at the Cold Spring Country Club.
Applicants had to have been under age 30 before Jan. 1 and were judged on impact to their organizations and their contributions to their communities. They come from all business sectors -- public, private, government and non-profit.
Those honored "are truly committed to their business and civic communities and deserve to be recognized," said Robert Bontempi, Huntington Chamber chairman. "Each honoree exemplifies a winning spirit and has dedicated their efforts to achieving remarkable success here on Long Island. It says a lot for the future of business within our local communities.”
The award recipients are:
* Katherine Aquirre – Suffolk County Community College
* Kimberly Alarcon – Alcott Group
* David Borg –
* Jamie Brazier – Briarcliffe College
* Matthew Burke – Cerini and Associates, LLP
* Shante Burrell – The Prudential Insurance Company of America
* Karyn Cerena Bush – Briarcliffe College
* Meagan L. Devine – Atria Senior Living Group-Atria Huntington
* Steven Garofalo – Maxburst Web Design
* James A. Johnston –
* Jennifer Koehler – Farrell Fritz, PC
* Richard Liebowitz –
* Justin T. Littell – Suffolk County Legislator Lou D’Amaro
* Ever Martinez –
* Kiera McCourt – Wachovia, A Wells Fargo Co.
* Jeannine McGoldrick –
* Dennis Negron – Citigroup
* William Penza – JVKelly Group
* Gerard Anthony Petrella – L.I. Regional Director, Sen. Charles Schumer
* Diane Marie Portigiano –
* Lenae McKee Price – Action Long Island
* Jeffrey Price – Price and Price Enterprises
* Bryan Proctor – Harborfields Central School District
* Anuj Rihal – AXA Advisors, LLC
* Charles Santangelo – Fire Department, City of New York
* Christopher Scarpati – Long Island GLBT Services Network
* Jeremy Smith – Advantage Payroll
* Randall Wong – IKON Office Solutions
* Travis R. Woolley – ADP: Automatic Date Processing
* Violetta Yushuvayeva – Leviton Manufacturing
Sponsors to date include: AXA Advisors, Alcott Group, Ballroom on the Bay, Briarcliffe College, Cerini and Associates, Digho, JVKelly Group, National Grid, North Shore Financial Group office of Metlife, TLC Events, and Verizon.
The cost for a ticket is $60 prior to March 1; $70 after that, as well as at the door.
For ticket information, sponsorship opportunities or to place a congratulatory ad in the event’s program, contact Linda Mitchell at (631) 423-6100 or visit www.huntingtonchamber.com.