1. is hosting a special "Taste of the Town" fundraiser at its showroom on New York Avenue tonight at 6 pm. Chefs from several restaurants will be cooking their signature recipes in the stores 5 live kitchens. Food samples will be accompanied by a seasonal beer and wine tasting. Proceeds from the event will benefit Girls, Inc. of Long Island, a non-profit organization that offers programs designed to empower girls and encourage them to master physical, intellectual and emotional challenges. If you're interested in buying tickets or getting more information about the event, call Pat Hehir at 631-418-1009.
2. Long Island Children's author Margaret Oddo will be at the at 7 pm tonight, to speak about and sign, "The Planet Who Thought He Was a Moon." Her new book is a story about overcoming rejection and self-doubt to find your true self. For more information call 631-271-1442.
3. The Apple Store in Huntington Station is offering a hands-on workshop at 2 pm today to help you master your iPad. "Meet Your New iPad" will teach you tips and tricks like organizing and displaying your photos in a slideshow, navigating Safari with new features and discovering new ways to see and touch your email like never before. Registration is required. Call the store for details at 631-425-1563.
4. offers yoga every Wednesday at 10:15 am. Yoga as a Spiritual Practice with Nancy Hume is a gentle class that offers a meditation for self healing. Walk ins are welcome at $15 per class (or $8 for members). Call for more information, 631- 427-9547.
5. People always say that laughter is the best medicine and the town's senior division is presenting a workshop today to give people a good reason to smile. Join Gail Stacey Feldman for "The Healing Effects of Laughter," an interactive hands-on workshop that will teach you how to reframe your thoughts, rejuvenate your body, refresh your spirit and reorganize yourself. The fun starts at 1:30 pm at the . Call for more information, 631-351-3253.