Breakfast on Saturdays is one of my favorite traditions – you throw on sweatpants, wake up your friends and head out. Breakfast could be anywhere from the wee hours to 3 p.m., but it’s always filled with laughs, stories and that’s some of the best memories of the weekend. Of course, it’s also filled with strategizing for Saturday night, but that’s another post.
1. : This Main Street staple, located at the top of the street near St. Patrick’s Church, has some of the biggest omelets and salads I’ve ever seen. My personal favorite is the American cheese, sausage and egg omelet with curly fries and honey mustard – can you say delicious? I most certainly can! There are also heart-healthy options, dinner options and basically anything you can think of. The Golden Dolphin is open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
2. A well-known locale for Huntington residents, Munday’s is an adorable little restaurant on Main Street near New York Avenue. Their French toast seems to be quite popular, although I’ve only had their omelets myself, which are quite good. Coffee is plentiful and there’s plenty of time to sit and relax with friends on a Saturday (or Sunday) morning. Their hours vary.
3. : Toast serves up great, well, toast! But they’ve also got a variety of omelets and lunch selections for every palate. They are open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily.
4. Open from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. for breakfast, lunch and dinner, this restaurant also doubles as a bar.
5. : This little dose of France on New York Avenue is a fun location to head over to breakfast for a treat – crepes! They also offer gourmet hot and iced coffees and teas. Hours vary.